1945 Conveyor belt production starts
- 1962 First supply to overseas market
- 1964 Steel cord conveyor belt production starts
- 1968 Introduction of CTC system of ST belt production
- 1982 Development of Pipe Conveyor Belt
- 1984 Development of TLS steel cord
- 1988 Acquires Firestone-Bilbao conveyor belt plant
- 1989 Apply 2 step method to ST5000 using FEM
- 1995 Engineering center GEC in Malaysia starts operation
- 1996 Supply longest single flight conveyor in the world
- 1997 Development of “HELLO THEORY”
- 1997 Development of the world strongest belt ST8000
- 1999 Development of A2000
- 2000 Renewal of Technical Center for Chemical & Industrial Products
- 2001 Development of “HYBRID” belt
- 2001 1st supply of energy saving belt “Super Low Loss”
- 2007 Renewal of Research & Development center for Chemical & Industrial Products
- 2010 Introduction of latest steel cord belt production plant
1. Maximization of Production
Bridgestone’s commitment to customer is “Maximization of Production”.
We continue to search for ways to…
- Maximize conveyor belt operating life
- Reduce operational cost
- Buildup monitoring and security system to minimize down time loss
- Provide technical support with professional service & know-how
2. Minimization of Total Cost of Ownership
Via Bridgestone’s 50 years of experience of servicing conveyor belt users globally, we have established that the CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) relating to the purchase and installation of conveyor belts, accounts for only an insignificant percentage of the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) related to the overall operating cost on most conveyors.
Bridgestone recognizes it as our business target to realize to minimization of customers’ TCO rather than that of CAPEX through Bridgestone products and activities.
All the Bridgestone conveyor belt products and activities have been developed and provided on the basis of this “TCO reduction” concept.
“Made in Japan” Products
100% of Bridgestone’s Conveyor Belt is produced at the Yokohama Plant Technical center (constructed in 2000) and R&D Center (constructed in 2007) are located in same place here in order to pursue the consistent quality of Conveyor Belts.
Our policy is to deliver world’s best conveyor belts with “Made in Japan” quality to our customers.
In order to comply with the active demand of the mining industry, recently a modern new Steel Cord production plant was added to the existing Yokohama facility.